Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Forum PC Help

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Internet Explorer Slow To Load

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Internet Explorer Slow To Load Empty
PostSubject: Internet Explorer Slow To Load   Internet Explorer Slow To Load EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:55 pm

I have had issues on a couple of machines where after upgrading from IE7 to IE8 the installation of IE8 was really slow to load the homepage upon first opening the browser after that the page to page load times were pretty normal.

The first thing I did was to disable all the add ons that load with the browser as I have had those cause issues before but that was not the case here same symptom remained.

I Googled the issue and came across a lot of info on this problem and it seems the main cause is usually related to Spybot Search & Destroy adding entries in the restricted sites list.

It was suggested to open Spybot S&D and click on "immunize" then "undo" which worked for me as soon as I did this IE8 was working just fine so I am passing this info along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dougthetechguy.com/

Internet Explorer Slow To Load
Page 1 of 1