Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Forum PC Help

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported Empty
PostSubject: Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported   Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 6:16 am

Another activation hack has surfaced for Windows 7 won't Microsoft just realize no matter what they do their operating systems will always be hacked just lower the price and more people will buy it legit I mean XP PRO is still $150-$180 if they charged a more reasonable price like $99 or less that would be within the grasp of more people it's pretty sad that to buy a Microsoft operating system is almost half the cost of a new computer it cost more than any single "average" part of a computer plus even after you "pay for" a disc you can only install it on one computer what if you have three then you have to buy more licenses even if you payed the full inflated price but got to install it on all your computers it wouldn't be so bad again more people would buy it legit the company would stand to make even more money if they adopted this policy people don't want to have to hack and crack sure there would be the percentage that still would but there would be a lot less piracy.

http://www.redmondpie.com/windows-7-activation-hack-9140114/
Back to top Go down
http://www.dougthetechguy.com/
jedimaster
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
jedimaster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-11-17

PostSubject: I agree   Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:04 pm

I agree with what you said I think Microsoft should rethink product activation it causes problems even for people who have legally purchased software as well I know they have to make money but like you said lower the price and they would not even need it.

Or better yet why doesn't Microsoft design a Linux version of Windows they can offer for free and maybe have a cheap Pro type version they could charge like $29.99 for they may be forced to do something like this if Chrome OS is a huge success.
Back to top Go down
Just Johnny
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Just Johnny

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: my idea   Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 pm

here's my idea:

microsoft should take let's say windows 7 for example have the starter version for free but have it be totally striped down no anything not even a browser just a plain jane os shell to be customized by the end user kinda a demo version

then charge like $39 for a middle of the road version that has more bells and whistles then the free version

then have the ultimate version be like $75 and all new computers would come with ultimate version only

then let the people who just want to get the os for an old computer choose between the free version or the middle of the road version for $39 or purchase ultimate for $75

then come out with a new os every year not every three years or six years this would keep things fresh and exciting with a new os every year have things always on the cutting edge what's gonna be next not like all the years we've used xp boring!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported   Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported Empty

Back to top Go down

Another New Windows 7 Activation Hack Reported
Page 1 of 1