Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Forum PC Help

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Anyone Beta Testing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Anyone Beta Testing Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Beta Testing   Anyone Beta Testing EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 7:18 am

Just curious if anyone is beta testing and if so what your thoughts are on it so far.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dougthetechguy.com/
Damian666
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Damian666

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Beta Testing   Anyone Beta Testing EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 8:54 pm

yeah, i am ^^.
and it looks very good man, most of the "annoying" stuff is gone now.
not to forget its much faster now, very snappy execution.

new superbar is also very handy, it takes a while to get used too, but after that its just great.

Damian666
Back to top Go down
http://vistapack.org
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Windows 7   Anyone Beta Testing EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:22 am

From what i have seen and read it looks like they took Vista and went to town with V-lite slimmed it way down and added a couple new features.

I took my Vista Ultimate and did a V-lite session on it took out all the bloat and it's really fast it makes me wonder why Microsoft dosen't employ this program on their operating systems before they even release them I think people would be a lot happier in the end result. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Damian666
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Damian666

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Beta Testing   Anyone Beta Testing EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

mainly because taking out stuff can case mayor problems later on man.

Vlite is totally not as stable as Nlite man.

you can get so much stuff going on... and lets face it, m$ is better at this stuff dude.
they have the source code ^^

Damian666
Back to top Go down
http://vistapack.org
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Microsoft Windows 7   Anyone Beta Testing EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Damian666 wrote:
mainly because taking out stuff can case mayor problems later on man.

Vlite is totally not as stable as Nlite man.

you can get so much stuff going on... and lets face it, m$ is better at this stuff dude.
they have the source code ^^

Damian666

Well maybe they a clue now with Windows 7 I was Just meaning they should take a V-Lite approach or N-Lite just do to the OS what we would do make it better.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Just Johnny
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Just Johnny

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: poeple are going to be mad   Anyone Beta Testing EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:24 am

people are going to be mad who payed big bucks for vista and found out what a problem child it turned out to be then microsoft is going to turn right around and release windows 7 and charge people big bucks again and when people see that microsoft was able to fix a lot of what was wrong with vista they're gonna say wait a minute why didn't you do this in the first place instead of pushing vista out the door when it wasn't ready shouldn't people be entitled to a free windows seven final if microsoft did that it would redeem them in everyones eyes and they would be big hero's instead of the ass's they gonna be
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Beta Testing   Anyone Beta Testing EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:13 am

Just Johnny wrote:
people are going to be mad who payed big bucks for vista and found out what a problem child it turned out to be then microsoft is going to turn right around and release windows 7 and charge people big bucks again and when people see that microsoft was able to fix a lot of what was wrong with vista they're gonna say wait a minute why didn't you do this in the first place instead of pushing vista out the door when it wasn't ready shouldn't people be entitled to a free windows seven final if microsoft did that it would redeem them in everyones eyes and they would be big hero's instead of the ass's they gonna be

I think you have a valid point it would be the right thing to do but don't hold your breath lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jebuchanan
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Beta Testing   Anyone Beta Testing EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:42 am

I am still having issues with my webcam. Am using drivers dated last August, but these are the most recent Logitech drivers I can find on their site.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Webcam Issue   Anyone Beta Testing EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:36 am

Can you give any info on what problem you are having then maybe I can help...
Back to top Go down
jebuchanan
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Beta Testing   Anyone Beta Testing EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:54 am

the problem is software related. The new software, although for Win7 and Vista, is still having issues.
problem resolved by ignoring the issue and continuing the installation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Beta Testing   Anyone Beta Testing Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Beta Testing
Page 1 of 1