Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Forum PC Help

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OCing your CPU

Go down 

Is your Computer overclocked?
Yes
OCing your CPU I_vote_lcap100%OCing your CPU I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No
OCing your CPU I_vote_lcap0%OCing your CPU I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
jebuchanan
New Forum Member
New Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-26

OCing your CPU Empty
PostSubject: OCing your CPU   OCing your CPU EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:26 pm

These days, many advanced users are not only considering but actually doing an OC to their system.

This brings performance increases without having to pay for a higher performing CPU.

There are multiple forums and sites dedicated to this field/topic, so I do not wish to become a replacement for those valuable sources of information. (I visit them myself)

However, anyone looking for additional help or suggestions on their OC is certainly welcome to post here.

Currently, I have OC'd a Q6600 (stock frequency of 2.4GHZ) to 3.627GHz, and an i7-860 (stock frequency of 2.8GHz) to 4.214 GHz.

I ran my Q6600 24/7 for 18 months OC'd with no issues, and am currently going to rebuild it at stock as a second system on my network.

Also, anyone wishing to post their own OC experience here is more than welcome to do so.

Last edited by jebuchanan on Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : checking image view)
Back to top Go down

OCing your CPU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doug The Tech Guy Forums :: Discuss General Hardware/Software :: General Computer Hardware Discussion-
Jump to: