Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Forum PC Help

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loss of Internet after Uninstalling Comodo Internet Security

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Loss of Internet after Uninstalling Comodo Internet Security Empty
PostSubject: Loss of Internet after Uninstalling Comodo Internet Security   Loss of Internet after Uninstalling Comodo Internet Security EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:26 pm

I have happened across this problem when uninstalling Comodo Internet Security where the uninstall freezes and you have to use task manager to end processes or restart and afterward there is no internet connectivity I have had this happen personally and have read of this issues on other related forums.

What causes this is the firewall driver for Comodo fails to uninstall and the fix:

On XP open network connections and right click on your network adapter and go to properties
On Vista go to Network and Sharing Center Manage network connections and right click on network adapter

Once you are in the properties for the network adapter look for entries for Comodo firewall driver i believe it leaves two entries these fail to uninstall and cause the lose of internet connectivity highlight those and choose uninstall once that's done click ok and close out of all open screens and try your browser if it is still not working restart your computer and afterward you should have restored internet connectivity hope this helps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dougthetechguy.com/
YoKenny
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
YoKenny

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Loss of Internet after Uninstalling Comodo Internet Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loss of Internet after Uninstalling Comodo Internet Security   Loss of Internet after Uninstalling Comodo Internet Security EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:32 am

That's one of the reason I do not use anything from Comodo.
Back to top Go down

Loss of Internet after Uninstalling Comodo Internet Security
Page 1 of 1