Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Forum PC Help

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Wireless printer

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:51 am

I just can't seem to make the wireless printer work with my new laptop. I don't know the IP address? I downloaded the driver and the firmware patch but ?? I own a Lexmark Pro Prevail 702 all in one. I can't find the manual. (opps)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:56 am

usually with wireless printers using the driver/software CD during installation it will ask is the printer directly connected or network and or wireless choose wireless and it should be configured for wireless connectivity automatically
Back to top Go down
http://www.dougthetechguy.com/

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:01 am

The printer is already hooked up to my PC. I am just trying to add the laptop. Sorry I don't understand.
Back to top Go down

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:03 am

When I try to add the printer it can't find it. Also I checked to wifi connectivity of the printer and it says zero. Do I have to plug it into the router or something..Sorry I really just don't know anything about this.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:13 am

there is usually a button on the printer to turn WI FI on or off
Back to top Go down

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:54 am

Now trying to download driver and says OPERATING SYSTEM DOES NOT SUPPORT DRIVER. INSTALLATION NOT COMPLETE

oh what to do now.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:59 am

need to make sure you have the right driver new machine is Windows 7 is it 64 bit? if so you need the 64 bit drivers 32 bit needs 32 bit driver if the website only has Vista drivers they should work get either 32 bit or 64 bit go to control panel system properties it will show there
Back to top Go down

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:21 am

Okay duh I found it.
Back to top Go down

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:30 am

okay done and works great...thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:38 am

cool beans see how much you have learned already lol....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wireless printer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless printer   Wireless printer Empty

Back to top Go down

Wireless printer
Page 1 of 1