Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Welcome!

Please take advantage of this opportunity to become a registered member of the forum as a registered member you will be eligible to participate in promotional giveaways from Computers Plus & TehamaGlobal.Net
Doug The Tech Guy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Forum PC Help

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Skype Empty
    PostSubject: Skype   Skype EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:28 pm

How can I have a weak signal on Skype and sometimes lose the call while my WiFi signal says good or excellent strength?
    Back to top Go down
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 579
    Registration date : 2008-12-31

Skype Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Skype   Skype EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Skype has nothing to do with the WiFi signal between your laptop and your router it can be affected by the connection speed of your internet service it self or the other Skyping party's connection some ISP's even block VOIP packets making voice calls hard.

Lets say you have a basic high speed connection by basic I mean 768K 1 Meg or even 1.5 Meg service these are considered low and be problematic for things like streaming video and Skyping it is sad but the U.S. is like a third world country when it comes to connection speeds many other country;s have an average of 16 Meg connections
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.dougthetechguy.com/

Skype Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Skype   Skype EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Skype Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Skype   Skype Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1